National Cyber Security Awareness Month (NCSAM), designed by the US Department of Homeland Security (DHS), is an annual campaign to raise awareness about the importance of cybersecurity and take steps to stay safe online.
Cybersecurity Threats doesn’t just affect big companies like Equifax, Target or Home Depot. Small and Medium sized businesses face a constantly evolving set of potential threats as well, from data security breaches to downtime from unexpected events.
Below is a summary of 17 actionable steps any CEO or business unit leader can do to protect their small or medium sized business from a Cybersecurity attack. The full report can be downloaded here: https://goo.gl/4tmjeQ
- Turn on firewall security for your Internet connection
- Back up your data
- Keep your computers and network clean
- Regularly update your applications and Operating System
- Secure your Wi-Fi networks
- Secure Printers connected to your network
- Create a mobile device action plan
- Control physical access to your data center, server room and computers
- Establish basic security practices and policies for employees
- Create user accounts for each employee
- Employ best practices on payment credit cards
- Secure your customers private data
- Limit employee access to data and systems required to do their job
- Implement multifactor authentication
- Perform a phishing test
- Provide security awareness training for all employees
- Conduct ongoing phishing campaigns
Download the full report here: https://goo.gl/4tmjeQ
Let us help
We provide Cyber Security Assessments done by a certified Cyber Security IT Professional using industry accepted cyber security practices. Contact us by visiting: http://www.upvant.com/contact-us/ or calling 844.6.UPVANT to get started.