Leadership Saint Paul (LSP) is the premier program in the Twin Cities for emerging and current civic and business leaders that prepares, challenges and engages emerging and existing leaders to strengthen the Saint Paul/East Metro region.
Since 1980, more than 1,800 graduates have been given the unique opportunity to CONNECT with other leaders
- Meet people with a shared commitment to community
- Build a diverse, long-term network
- Promote the organization they represent
- Build their skills in leadership, communication and citizenship
- Gain knowledge about challenges and issues facing the Saint Paul/East metro area
- Explore the interrelationships of government, business and the broader community.
- Help people who live in the communities they care about
- Ensure the continued health and well being of the Saint Paul/East metro area
- Give back to Saint Paul/East metro area.
Leadership Saint Paul supports a vital, positive community, with engaged and well-informed leaders. Each year, LSP selects 50 emerging and existing leaders from private, public, and nonprofit sectors of the community to participate in the ten-month program.
LSP curriculum is designed to raise awareness of the needs and challenges that affect the Saint Paul/East metro region and enhance individual leadership skills with a focus on community stewardship. The program offers participants exceptional “insider” access by bringing in top-level business, civic, and government leaders to facilitate productive conversations around critical issues that influence our region.
- Monthly Program Days: Day-long sessions, focusing on significant challenges facing the region such as community effectiveness, education, health care, regional economic development, and criminal justice. Each program day strives to enlighten, inspire and transform participants by exposing them to a vast array of perspectives, resources and mentors. Program Days are always the second Thursday of the month.
- Community Projects: Each participant will form a team with 4 to 6 classmates and partner with a nonprofit on a community service project to apply what they are learning and gain experiential knowledge in community stewardship. Recent service projects include: an award-winning Financial Literacy Service Project for Lifetrack Resources (winner of the 2006 Minneapolis/Saint Paul Magazine's Standing Ovation Award), the development of a charter school’s library, creation of a girls’ leadership camp, and beautifying a business strip.
Mid to Late July 2017 Leadership Saint Paul Application Released
September 22, 2017 LSP Applications Due by 5:00 pm
Late September/October 2017 Interviews
November 15, 2017 Notified of Acceptance Into the Program
November 27, 2017 Participation Agreement Due
December 15, 2017 Invoices for Tuition Mailed
January 3, 2018 Tuition Due
January 11, 2018 LSP 2018 Program Kick-off Day
"Leadership Saint Paul has been one of the most impactful professional development programs I have experienced in my career. Benefiting from the outstanding reputation of the Saint Paul Area Chamber of Commerce; Leadership Saint Paul offered incredible access to political, business, non-profit and thought leaders in our community who shared their ideas and insights about St. Paul and the East metro. Equally impactful to the knowledge I gained from the presentations, were the relationships I made with the fifty energized and talented professionals that made up the LSP class of 2012. Through the learning, challenging, debating, and collaborating that LSP demands of its participants; I emerged with a professional network and friends that I will have for years to come."
- Jim Mulrooney, Wells Fargo
"Leadership Saint Paul is the premier leadership program in the Twin Cities. More than leadership development, the program brings together 50 like minded individuals that have a vested interest in learning about the intricacies of the East Metro - what it takes to run a city from all angles. You will most definitely learn a ton, but even more valuable are the relationships you make. And upon graduation, you are automatically a member of an elite "club" of alumni that would go out of their way to help you out. I liken my LSP experience to college and always say it was one of the best decisions I've made since graduation!"
- Ingrid Christensen, INGCO International
"LSP is the premier program in the Twin Cities for business leaders and entrepreneurs to connect and learn."
-Brian McClung, MZA + Co.
Staff contact: Please contact Kathleen Lohmar Exel for more information at email@example.com.